Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Multi-Sensory Approach to Spelling Practice


Monday, when he brought his spelling list home, I was filled with dread. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one! His struggle with spelling may end one day, but, in the mean time, we are working on it one word at a time. 

This may be his favorite spelling activity! It is simple, you print off the letters of the alphabet. I like to use lower case letters in a font that is similar to the handwriting type that is required at his school. 

For those of you interested in doing this activity, I've saved the alphabet printable google document for you to use and print. 

I call out the words and he "swats" the letters in order of the correct spelling while saying the letters out loud. 

This multi-sensory approach is good for minds who need the extra memory reinforcement. Here's why.

I found this activity here at My Lil' Divas.

No comments:

Post a Comment